Sunday, March 20, 11:15 am – 1 pm
Those of you who have previously sat retreats are invited to join us for a discussion and brainstorming session on the design and development of the retreat center.
Since we will soon be creating construction documents, a significant part of the discussion will be focused on designing the space, and only some on policies/procedures. We will have future meetings for further developing those.
Thinking about your previous retreats, please consider what worked well and what you would have liked to be different, and any new ideas. This is just a guideline; if other things are important to you, bring them up at the meeting!
- Types of mattresses
- Night stand? Desk?
- One-way intercom to your room for announcements
- Bring your own sheets and towels? Would you rent them?
- Closet without doors ok? Open shelves?
- Carpets? Flooring?
- Window coverings
- Lying down
- Zafus and zabutons, round, wedge, seiza? Storage?
- Blankets, foams
- Shoe on areas, shoe off areas
- Do you bring indoor shoes? Slippers?
- Why do we not wear shoes in the no shoe areas? Is it symbolic? Cleanliness?
- 2 meals or 3
- Simple meals? Special diets?
- Mug handling? You are responsible for your own cup
- Tape on shelf with names, tape on mug?
- What supplies should be stocked?
- First aid
- Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, tampons, tampax
Other Areas we’ll discuss if there is time:
- Yogi Jobs
- Disability support
- Maintaining the Center