There is no cost for classes, events and retreats at IMC. Donations are welcome. No pre-registration is required unless otherwise stated.
- For a calendar of retreats and all other events at IMC, see the IMC Calendar
- Subscribe to IMC Special Events Calendar
The program has the following elements:1. 2-1/2 hour monthly meetings that include teachings, meditation, and discussions.
2. Readings, reflections and practices for each month.
3. A monthly one-hour personal meeting with an Eightfold Path mentor to discuss one’s practice and reflections on the Eightfold Path factors.
4. Ends with a one-day Eightfold Path retreat at the Insight Retreat Center in Scotts Valley on June 20, 2015.DATES AT IMC:Introduction to the 9-Month Eightfold Path Program, Sunday, September 14, 1pm to 3pm
Right View — Sunday, October 19, 1:00 to 3:30 pm
Right Intention – Sunday, November 16, 1 to 3:30pm
Right Speech – Sunday, December 7, 1 to 3:30pm
Right Action – Saturday, January 10, 10am to 12:30pm
Right Livelihood – Sunday, February 8, 1 to 3:30pm
Right Effort – Sunday, March 8, 1 to 3:30pm
Right Mindfulness – Sunday, April 5, 1 to 3:30pm
Right Concentration – Sunday, May 10, 1 to 3:30pm
Concluding Daylong Retreat at IRC – June 20 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Eightfold Path Program is full. Auditors are welcome to participate at the monthly meetings.
The Dharma Mentoring Program is for someone with the intention to support others explicitly using the dharma as the guide and framework. The ideal candidate is someone who has benefitted from their own dharma practice and, out of gratitude wishes to share the Dharma with others. The program provides the opportunity to train in Dharma mentoring with other like-minded individuals. A Dharma Mentor has been trained to meet individually with people to support their personal Dharma practice, study, and reflection.