The house next door to the Insight Retreat Center (IRC) has just been put on the market.
It would greatly benefit IRC to own this property:
- As the house sits only 50 feet from our meditation hall, owning it would allow us to protect the quiet and ambience of our retreats.
- It would also expand our grounds by one more acre, giving us the chance to expand the network of trails on our property.
- It would give us an attractive and functional home for our resident volunteers that will help enrich the dharma practice of the volunteer community.
- In turn, this would also allow us to have 2-3 more retreatants each retreat and so reduce our waiting lists for retreats.
- It would add another well to give us greater water security.
IRC does not have the funding to purchase this property or to take on a mortgage. We can only do so if there are major donors able to step forward within a short time frame. This is an opportunity that may not come around for many years.
Details can be found here:1998 Glen Canyon Rd, Scotts Valley ~ FLIER
If you are able to help with the purchase or would like to make a pledge, please contact IRC’s Managing Director: Ines Freedman firstname.lastname@example.org.